Wednesday, August 2, 2017

HAPPY HAITIVERSARY! 10 YEARS of the Gibsons in Haiti

When I stepped into Port au Prince in August 2007, my life changed forever.  I began my journey in PAP with a purpose to adopt. But once I stepped foot in the country I knew that my commitment would go far beyond the adoption. I didn't have any idea how far God would take it, but I knew immediately that  I was called to serve in Haiti.  I was a pretty ordinary stay at home mom living in Orange County, CA and really had no international or mission experience but God didn't really care about that.  He wanted me and He wanted my family in Haiti, not just for an adoption but to serve Him and His children.  It has been a ten year blur of highs and lows, answered prayers, heartbreak and joy that can't really be compared.  Working in Haiti has been absolutely the biggest, most amazing, wonderful blessing that I could have ever imagined.  The plan to adopt two little Haitian angels has turned into so much more!  We don't often look back but in light of our 10 year anniversary, I want to share our story with you throughout August.  It's not actually our story, it's God's story, but we have been privileged to be part of it!  Stay tuned :)

No automatic alt text available.
This is from one of our very first trips!  No idea that God had so many good things in store!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment