Friday, November 25, 2011

MESI ANPIL HAITI!!!!!!!!

On Thanksgiving we are reminded to be thankful for the many blessing in our lives.  I am so very thankful for numerous things, but one of the greatest joys and blessings in my life is the ability to work in Haiti.  It has changed my heart forever and I can't even imagine my life without my Haitian firends and family.  Truly blessed!

* I am thankful that over 4 years ago God led me (and my husband) to Haiti and began a work that has changed my life forever.  I am nobody and HE has given me everything!
* I am thankful for Pierre Alexis who is our amazing partner in Haiti, but more importantly has become  my friend and family.  He is unshakeable, unwaivering and one of the most special people I have ever had the pleasure to know.
* I am thankful for my Haitian "son" and "daughter", Jimmy and Katia, who sacrifice more than I can ever imagine to care for the 60 kids at Zanfan Lakay day in and day out as if they were there own.
* I am thankful that 60 beautiful children in Haiti call me Mother, a title I do not deserve but cherish more than words can say.
* I am thankful for Angie Koch who serves tirelessly in Haiti but always does so with a smile.  She is a warrior!
* I am thankful that we have new land and a plan to build a new home for some of the sweetest, most gentle hearts I have ever had the chance to meet.  
* I am thankful that 15 and 16 year old boys are experiencing a childhood that they never were able to have on the streets, soaking up activities such as reading simple chapter books aloud and coloring projects.
* I am thankful that 30 children are in school this year and are getting an education that will surely impact their futures and the future of Haiti in incredible ways.
* I am thankful that the Lord has led friends and family and others to join us in this work.  We couldn't do any of this without HIM or YOU!
* I am thankful my finger has been held by the cutest 6 fingered hand ...


* I am thankful for the Maison orphanage, who cared for my son and daughter with so much love, and have cared for hundreds of orphans over the last many years.
* I am thankful for ZANFAN LAKAY!  There is hardly a place in the world that is better than this place. My whole heart and soul has been captured by my "House Kids." I LOVE YOU:  Emma, Timothee, Steeve, Guerwinsky, Patrick, Samuel, Reginald, HB, Badaud, Ti Manmi, Aly, Ti Blanc, Kakabendja, Africa, Isaac, Fenickson, Junior, Ti Potay, Jacky, Emerson, Clivens, Ridje, Emmanuel, Ti Ge, Guy Marie, Steissie, Pierre, Steven, Sebastien, Salo, Steven L, Mustafa, Boul Tet, Mardi, SonSon, Boul Natet, SonSon Jr., Mazorat, Ti Toutou, Jackensia, Gigi, Kervens, Isaac, Jackenlove, Jodaline, Ti Radi, Noukwe, Yvnet, Koukou, Baby Kervens, Peter, Saviana, Mickense, Peter, Baby, Peguy, Nickenson, Moise and Jinksy.
* I am thankful that I am in no way equipped or worthy to do this work, yet God provides everything needed to do it.  His provision is unfailing and His love overwhelming. Mesi! Mesi! Mesi!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment